People always recommend making a list of specific things to pray for in a future spouse. So a while ago I decided to come up with my specific “husband list”… it took me many days of thinking, praying, getting advice from people to come up with this list of the qualities I want in the person I want to spend the rest of my life with… but I have finally come up with my list and narrowed it down to the top 10 “requirements” my husband MUST have. Here they are:
1. Must be born in February or September – that’s the only 2 months we have no family birthday to celebrate.
2. Must LOVE Top Ramen… so much that he will eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. Must have a last name that does not begin with D, F, G, Q, S, X, Z… because those letters are too complicated for me to sign in cursive (Yes, I’ve been practicing).
4. Must be exactly 5’9”. Because I don’t want to-have to wear flats OR heels for the rest of my life.
5. Must know every “scary” noise that a car can make and be able to fix it.
6. Must have the patience to sit through “Pride and Prejudice”… without falling asleep. (This is a rare quality to find among men).
7. Must have a job that is not in any way related to the office setting. Otherwise we’ll have absolutely nothing exciting to share with one another at the dinner table…. (Sky-diving instructor, police officer, astronaut, mail man (lots of running from dogs) …. just to name a few job ideas) 😉
8. Must have the capability to “remove” any spiders, snakes, mice or any other scary animals OR…… get used to squealing.
9. Must be able to pick up at least 115 lbs —— in case our house is on fire and for some odd reason I can’t run out.
10. Must be able to stop and ask for directions when we get lost… OR get used to driving in circles because that just happens to be one of my favorite things to do…
If you find anyone out there that meets these requirements please send him my way. 😉
[Image creator unknown. Please respond if you know the author so credit can be given.]