Personally… as a blogger who reads many blogs I really like learning more about the actual writer behind the words. What they are into, what they think, what their life is all about so that I can understand where exactly they’re “coming” from. I decided to fill out a little questionare last night with a whole bunch of questions about me. Some are funny, some are serious, some are weird… but I’m sure that by the end of it you’ll know a little bit more about me and what my world is all about. 😉
1. What is your occupation? Accountant… (yes… I get to pay bills all day long… it’s super fun! (only cuz they’re not mine)) 😉
2.If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Superman. Climbing skyscrapers, flying around, and saving people sounds pretty fun to me 😉
3. What are you listening to right now? “Praise You in the Storm” by Casting Crown (and I absolutely love it too!)
4. What is the last thing you ate? Cheesy potatoes… (I can eat “cheesy” anything) 😉
5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sky blue
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone and why? My older sister… asking her for a favor (which she will do of course… because she’s amazing) 😉
7. How old are you today? 23 years old, 7 months… and I don’t feel like calculating the rest (I get enough of that work) 😉
8. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Contacts during the day and glasses at night.
9. Pets? None at the moment. Had a birdie (canary) that died, a fish… that died, a dog, that (you guessed it)… died. 😦 Pets might not be a good idea for me.
10. Favorite food? Absolutley anything spicy! Thai food especially.
11. What was the last movie you watched? Hotel Rwanda (it was sad… but I loved it!)
12. Favorite day of the year? Jesus’ birthday!! Christmas!
13. What do you do to vent anger? Go running, write in my journal, or call up a lucky friend who will listen to me 🙂
14. What was your favorite toy as a child? My little pink teddy bear that said “hug me” on it. I named it “Hugamee”. Very creative… I know 😉
15.When was the last time you cried? At youth service last night….
16. What is on the floor of your closet? Half of my room… haha. 😉 but honestly… A huge “memory box”, a little cabinet of clothes, a box full of purses/bags…
17. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Julie- 12 years (and I love her dearly for sticking around) 🙂
18. What did you do last night? I went to youth service (and it was amazing as usual)
19. Favorite smell? Probably the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies 🙂
20. What inspires you? God, the Bible, books, blogs (anything that involves reading…which I probably do way too much of) ;), people who are passionate about God, heartfelt music…
21. Number of keys on your key ring? Too many: 2 car keys, 3 house keys, 2 work keys, 1 fake key… and 1 key that is still a mystery to me…. lol 😉
22. How many years at your current job? 3 years, 2 months
23. Favorite day of the week? Sunday 🙂 Because it’s usually my most relaxing day and I get to go to church.
24. How many states have you lived in? Only the best one- WA!
25. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? Nope…and if I wanna stay alive it’s probably a good idea for me never to try 😉
26. What book are you reading now? The Bible (of course), “Between Shades of Gray” by Ruta Sepetys (great book about a girl living in labor camp during Stalin’s time), and “Is God Really In Control” by Jerry Bridges.
27. Worst feeling in the world? Dissapointment in others and in myself.
28. First thing you think of in the morning? How many more times I can hit the snooze button.. 😉
29. How many rings before you answer the phone? At least 3… or a million.. if it’s an unknown number. 🙂
30. What is most important in life? God, family, church family. Living life for God and for heaven, not for this world.
31. What’s under your bed? Everything that didn’t fit in my closet 😉 boxes of random stuff like pictures, CD’s, paycheck stubs….
32. What’s your favorite article of clothing? My pj’s!! (which are usually my super colorful leggings and a long shirt) Can’t wait to put them on every night!
33. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? Eyes… 🙂
34. Where’s your favorite place to be? A secluded beach in my area. I’ve been there in the rain, snow, middle of the night. I love going there to spend time alone with God.
35. If you could have one super power, what would it be? Oh man… only one? I would want to be invisible…. so that I could go spy on people to see what they REALLY do when no one’s looking 😉 and I would love to fly… and go sit on some fluffly clouds in the sky.. maybe one day 😉
36. What’s in the trunk of your car? Everything that didn’t fit into my closet, or under my bed… 😉 Right now, a sleeping bag (that I should’ve returned to my friend like one month ago… oops) ;), at least one blanket (if not two or three) I carry one around everywhere I go. Binders and random stuff for teen class. A first aid kit (which I have unfortunately had to use already), and I think that’s it…
37. Tell me something obvious about you. I am alive! And I am sitting in front of the computer right now… filling this thing out(I think that’s somewhat obvious) 😉
38. How many siblings do you have (if any)? 6. 3 older, 3 younger… Yes, I’m the very lucky middle one 🙂
39. If you could be any animal, what would you be? A bird… I still wouldn’t be able to sit on a cloud… but a very high branch will do 😉
40. One thing you miss about being a kid? Playing in the mud and puddles all day long, creating rivers and houses and anything else I could come up with. Now I stay away from puddles unless I’m driving near a huge one and feel like splashing someone walking by. Just kidding 😉 (but it’s a temptation I have dealt with quite often here in WA where puddles are everywhere) 😉
41. One thing you love about being an adult? Not having mom and dad always telling me what to do (although they still do sometimes… lovingly) 😉
42. What would be your dream job? My dream job would include something along the lines of lying on a beach all day in front of a computer and writing about everything and anything that enters my mind, reading books in between (for inspiration of course), taking swim breaks (I will need to give my mind a little rest every few minutes) 😉 and sipping on Strawberry Italian Soda’s. If anyone knows of any positions open with this job description PLEASE send it my way. 😉
43.Were you named after anyone? My super amazing grandmother whom I love dearly. It’s an honor being named after her.
44. Favorite ice-cream? Mint chocalate chip & fudge ice-cream from Cold Stone. It’s pretty much the only one I eat.
45. What is your favorite season and why? Summer… I absolutely LOVE the sun… and here we only get it in the summer (if we get it at all) and sun means that I can do a lot of fun activities outside (which I love since I’m somewhat “outdoorsy”) instead of being stuck inside all day long (although that has its own perks) 🙂
46. What are you really passionate about? 1. God. 2. Writing (could do it all day long… literally) 3. Teen Ministry- absolutely love working with teens at church during this very critical developmental time in their life (physically, emotionally, spiritually)
47. What age do you consider old? Well, when I was 14 “old” was around 25. Now that I’m almost 25… old is like 40. 😉 And I’m sure when I’m around 40… old will be 60. 😉
48. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? My pastor… He is one of the most godly and wisest man that I have met in my life.
49. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? I wish I could witness the whole story of Creation until the end of the New Testament in movie format (I know it’s not an “event”) but I’d love to see what it was all like in reality rather than what I imagine it to be in my head… But an actual event… I’d love to see the trumpet sound and Jesus coming on a cloud (which I will if I’m still alive) but that’s going to be one glorious day. I can’t wait!!
50. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? I’d LOVE to meet my guardian angel… although I don’t think that counts as a “person”. I’d love to meet Eve just to see what a woman formed by God’s own physical hands looks like (she’s supposedly the most beautiful woman alive).
51. What is the worst song to get stuck in your head? – The “Friday” song… I’ve only heard one whole “stanza” in my life… and I think that was enough to last me for the rest of my life. 😉 Also… the hokey pokey. Because then I’m really tempted to do it… which isn’t so good when you’re in front of people (it’s happened before) 😉
52. What comic strip do you like to read? Luann.
53. What was your first paying job? Tutoring two little South Korean children.
54. How many email addresses do you use on a regular basis? – 3, 1 work email, 1 personal email, 1 email to give out to the telemarketers (well… that one I don’t check TOO much) 😉
55. If you had a year off with pay, what would you do? Spend six months traveling the world and then the other six months on a mission trip in a foreign country working with orphans.
56. What would you do if you were invisible for a day? Stalk someone super awesome… I’m just not quite sure who……..
57. What makes you feel old? Getting wedding invitations from my not-so-little teenagers… (even saw one a few months back with her first child) When your cute “little” teens start having babies (especially before you…) well, let’s just say… it makes you feel pretty old 😉
58. Who taught you to ride a bike? My super awesome dad. I can still remember him chasing me around the road at our apartments so that I wouldn’t get more scraped needs than necessary because I had no problem pedaling… I just never knew how to stop 😉
59. What food have you eaten too much of in your life? Top Ramen Soup. Started when I was around 8, and still addicted… I think I need an “intervention” of some sort. 😉
60. What was the first thing you ever won?- My first Ipod at Rebecca St. James concert.. and when I walked up there to get it I had to follow her moves and “dance” with her in front of the crowd… I think I just stood there. I don’t do too well in front of large crowds. 😉
61. What junk food is your weakness? Hot cheetos.
62. What song makes you want to dance? Any country song.
63. What is the most dangerous thing you have done? Skydiving. (And I wanna do it again!)
64. What nickname do you have or have had in the past? Nya-nya (what my little niece calls me), Sneaky (what my friends used to call me… because I was known for sneaking away during group hang outs to be alone… yes, I’m an introvert) ;), Anna Banana (and I think I will forever hate banana’s because of it.. although I still eat ’em), Speedy Gonzalez (when I worked at the bank… apparently I was pretty fast… back then) 😉
65. What is the scariest crowd you have ever been in? Skillet concert at Creation a few years back. I 1. Lost my best friend in the crowd 2. Had someone step on my flip-flops and tear themup 3. Had someone spill a bottle of water all over my head (I must admit… it was a little refreshing in the hot summer heat… but it ruined my hair… and no one’s supposed to ever ruin a girl’s hair) 😉 4. Was surrounded by big huge guys on every side… so I ended up holding on to the guy’s shirt in front of me so I wouldn’t get trampled… I hope he didn’t mind.. but my life is pretty important to me 😉
66. What restaurant do you go to more than any other? Panera Bread for their yummy soup.
67. What book can you read over and over again? The Bible :)… Or probably any Francine Rivers book. But I really don’t read books over and over again.
68. Biggest pet peeve? Waiting on people… whether it’s when I’m picking them up… or waiting for them to text me back after a few hours.. or days (I have a whole blog post ready to be written for that one) 😉
68. Favorite song? “This is Our God” by Hillsong.
69. If you could have one thing right now what would it be? A huge slice of chocolate cake with lots of frosting 😉
70. What do you do when you get nervous? I tap my foot or I say strange things that enter my mind (especially in front of crowds… this one is never a good idea) 😉
71. Would you be happier if life had a rewind button? Hmmm… maybe if it only rewinded back to all my happy memories and erased all my mistakes 🙂
72. Who was the last person you had a serious conversation with? My boss… about where I see myself at my job in the future 🙂
73. What’s on your mind right now? Thinking about what to get my best friend for her birthday… it’s kind of hard to do it when your friends are all grown up and can afford anything and everything they want (well… for the most part) 😉
74. What were you doing at midnight last night? What everyone should be doing at midnight… sleeping 🙂
75. Who was the first person you talked to today? My lovely mother. She woke me up this morning 5 minutes before I had to leave and gave me fresh blueberries for work. She’s pretty awesome 😉
76. Do you have any plans for the weekend? Yes! Going to my church’s baptism and picnic (which is always exciting), celebrating one of my best friend’s birthday, getting together with an old friend I haven’t seen in forever, and other youth stuff. 🙂
77. The last time you felt honestly broken? All of last week (especially Monday and Tuesday).. :/but thankfully not so much anymore 🙂
78. Does anyone completely understand you? I don’t think so. I honestly don’t think I even fully understand myself yet 😉
79. Are you a morning or night person? Morning… except for those times (like today) when my parents still wake me up. (What would I do without them?) 😉
80. Are you a collector of anything? Pretty rocks from places I go… but I don’t go to too many places… so it usually ends up being pretty rocks… from the stores I happen to find them in 😉 That’s probably cheating but oh well… 😉
81. What personality traits do you look for in a partner? That he is easy going and somewhat adventerous… cuz I want to do exciting things with him… just not the kind that might get you killed 😉
82. Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I can’t carry a tune if my life depended on it… which is why I only sing in the shower or when I’m driving in the car and my music is blasting + I make sure my windows are rolled all the way up 😉
83. Favorite person in your life? I don’t think I’m allowed to have favorites… 😉 but I’d have to say it’s my older sister…
84. Your Favorite number? 3… and I honestly have no clue why.
85. Do you play an instrument? Nope.. I played a violin for 5 years though. That’s about as far as my “music abilities” go.
86. Do you like thunderstorms? Yes!!! They’re so exciting and a little scary. I love to lay in my (safe) comfy bed, make sure my window is wide open with the blinds up so I can watch it. 🙂
87. Have you ever fired a gun? If a paintball or watergun counts, then yes 😉
88. What did you want to be when you were growing up? A pilot… Apparently I have always had a thing for flying 🙂 Maybe if I can’t be a pilot I should just marry one 😉
89. What errand/chore do you despise? Cleaning the bathroom…. But dishes I could do all day long 🙂
90. What do you get every time you go into a Wal-Mart? A little bag of hot cheetos or packof gum right by the check-out stands. (Those check-out stands with snacks get me every time) 😉
91. How do you want to die? Sleeping in a comfy bed when I’m old n’ gray. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to die any other way.
92. What do you want to achieve in life? I just want to live out the purpose and plan that God has for me. Serve Him wholeheartedly with the gifts, talents, desires He has given me for His Kingdom. Then at the end end I’ll know I lived my life to the fullest not for the world, but for heaven. 🙂
93. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? Air 1 (98.9) Love it!
94. What is the best way you document your life? Writing…. (and I’ve been doing it since 3rd grade) + taking lots of pictures.
95.What is your favorite scripture? I have a few, but one of them is this one: Isaiah 40:31 – “But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint”
96. What has God been teaching you most recently? That I need to depend on Him alone for my future and that His plans are so much better than any plans I come up with. I can do all the planning I want with what I want to do with my life but I need to hold those plans very loosely because more often than not God has other plans for my life in mind 🙂
97.What is your favorite form of exercise? Jogging… especially by pretty scenery, then I’m not only exercising but I also have a chance to enjoy God’s beautiful creation 🙂
98.When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Read a book. I always have one at work, in my purse, and in my car just in case I have spare time to kill. 🙂
99.What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A cell phone… and boy was that exciting!
100. When was the last time you were nervous? Last week when my boss asked me to come into his office so we could have a talk alone.
101. What is something you learned in the last week? That I’m stronger than I thought I was… but also that I am weaker than I thought I was…. pretty ironic, I know. 🙂
102. Do you have a special talent? Yes! Getting lost when driving to new places (especially far away). I always leave at least half an hour early when I drive somewhere new. I need 10 extra minutes for getting lost, 5 minutes to realize that I am lost, and then 15 minutes to drive back to where I got lost 😉 (and the sad thing is that I’m not even kidding) 🙂
103. What do you “know now” that you wish you “knew then”? That being a grown-up is some pretty serious business. And that just because you get older and more mature that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have it all figured out in life.
104. Who was the best boss you ever worked for? My boss right now 🙂 He give me free food, free coffee, free compliments, always asks me about what’s going on in my life… and always checks up on me to make sure I’m happy with what I’m doing. World’s greatest boss, seriously.
105. What do you do when you are driving alone in a car? Blast up my music and sing along. Or turn it off and pray.
106. Are you the type of person with lots of friends or just a few close ones? I have a few close friends and a lot of acquaintances.
107. What is one quality you admire most in others? Humility… especially in leaders. That seems to be a hard one for most people to have especially when they find themselves in a position where people follow them or look up to them.
108. When you are in trouble, whom do you call for help? It depends on what kind of trouble… for spiritual trouble, God, for car trouble, my lucky bro-in-law or my dad, for emotional support my sister or best friend.
109. What is one food that you will not eat? Mushrooms. It’s usually slimy and it’s also FUNGUS. What else do I need to say? But if you cut it into pieces that are close to invisible and stick them in meal that has so many spices I can barely taste it… then I might be able to eat it. Maybe.
110. If you could pick any career, what would you want to be? An astronaut… so I can fly to the moon 🙂
111. What does your latest text message from someone else say? “I’ll be home in 5 min”
112. Do you have any strange phobias? I don’t like to think so… but there’s one thing I really don’t like: being stuck in traffic under a bridge… in case it decides it’s lived up it’s life and feels like collapsing on me 😉
113. What was the last lie you told? Probably told some telemarketer that my boss or co-worker is busy at the moment and cannot talk to them….. terrible, I know
114. How can someone win your heart? I would like to know this one myself… when someone wins my heart I’ll make sure to let ya know 😉
115. Who’s the first person on your “favorites” in your phone? My friend (and co-worker) Mariya… cuz I call her or text her almost every day (lucky her) 😉
…. and that is it…for now!! 🙂 Hope y’all have a wonderful Friday. Be blessed!
And this ^ is me… of course 😉