November is the month of one of my favorite holidays: Thanksgiving. Because I can get away with eating way too much good food on one day, I get to not show up to work for 2 days (not that I’m not dreaming of paying invoices all day long when I’m not there) 😉 and because it’s the month that I really take the time to think about all of the things I’m thankful for.
Since today is November 1st I want to begin this month off with a list of things I am really thankful for.
- Morning traffic (especially when I’m running late to work)- it gives me a brand new opportunity every single day to practice patience, self-control, and praying for people who I’m not quite sure how managed to pass Driver’s Ed.
- People who don’t text back– I have the chance to really utilize my creative thinking. Are they lost in some deep, dark woods with no person around to help and no service? Did they get kidnapped by someone in a scary black van who is holding them hostage for the last 5 hours that I haven’t heard back from them for? Did they have a momentary memory lapse and can’t remember that when they receive a message they need to reply…eventually? Did their phone decide to take a swim in the toilet without their permission? (yes…. I am very guilty of this myself… but hey I’m letting other people put their creative thinking to use too) 😉
- Barista’s that make terrible coffee– I can never feel bad about making bad coffee ever again. If a professional can’t make good coffee… than it’s ok that I can’t. (I do make good coffee… at least once a month… and when I do, I make sure everyone at my office knows about it) 😉
- That there is no Krispy Kreme Donut’s in a 30 mile radius around me– because if there was I’d probably be broke, on a sugar high every day, + I’d probably gain a few pounds (if that’s even possible). But there IS a Panera Bread near my office which I’m not too happy about. Their Broccoli Cheddar soup and delicious pastries get me every time. .
- Rain on days that I forget my umbrella- it gives me the best free hairstyle that my hair straightener or curler could never create. I call it the “wild frizzy ‘do”. My co-workers love it (or maybe they just love making fun of it) 😉 Oh the joys of curly hair…
What are you thankful for today? 🙂